The following questions have been answered for you by Red Roof Inn Springfield IL...
- What are your breakfast options?
- We have free coffee and tea, available 24 hours. There is an assortment of restaurants within a few miles, surrounding the hotel.
- What transport is available to get around?
- If you wanted to drive and park at any of the main tourist sites, you can then catch a bus/shuttle for $3.00 for all day (8:00am-6:00pm). It will run a continuous cycle among all the major tourist sites only. It stops, picks up or drops off every 30 minutes.
Another option depending on how many people, would be to rent or make a arrangement for the trolley tour of the tourist sites. None are in walking distance, most average 2 to 5 miles.
- What can I do nearby?
- Nearby attractions (only minutes away):
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum
- Illinois Executive Mansion
- Illinois State Capitol
- Lincoln Home National Historic Site
- Dana-Thomas House, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright
- Abraham Lincoln's Tomb
- Illinois State Fair
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library
- Prairie Capital Convention Center
- Abraham Lincoln Capital Airport
- As a family, what are the best things to do?
- Some examples would be a small petting zoo, water park, all Lincoln sites especially the New Salem State Park or the Museum. There they have people in period dress, log cabins and they're actually cooking, gardening, making candles or tending to the animals. They'll answer questions or tell stories from that period. The Museum has special effects and a kid’s area with a log cabin too.
Il State Fair Grounds has a seasonal amusement park with rides, and a giant slide. We also have several restaurants that are uniquely themed for families. Pizza Machine - world’s largest pizza is delivered by a crane. There are restaurants with arcade games and buffets.
- Do you have internet?
- All guest rooms feature free Wi-Fi.
- Do you provide parking?
- We offer free on-site parking.
Something missing or incorrect?
Let us know