The following questions have been answered for you by Heather Glen Guest House...
- What are your breakfast options?
- Our room rate includes breakfast. We have a selection of cereals and pastries, orange juice, porridge and a cooked selection with our hearty breakfast of 2 sausages, 2 bacon, 2 eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes and beans and any other combination from the list with poached, fried or scrambled eggs.
- What transport is available to get around?
- Our guest house is located in the centre of Elgin, there is a rail link from Inverness and Aberdeen with connections to the rest of the country, the rail station is about 5 minutes walk from us. The bus station is located in the centre ( less than 5 mins) and has buses to Aberdeen and Inverness and also regular local busses to the smaller local towns along the coast and inland.
Inverness airport is approximately 50 minutes drive with flights to many places including London, Bristol, Manchester and Luton. There is a direct bus link from the airport to Elgin. Aberdeen airport is approximately 80 minutes drive and has more flights with some international connections to Scandinavia and Europe. There are direct bus and rail services from the airport to Elgin.
- What can I do nearby?
- We are located in the centre of the town with a selection of pubs and restaurants nearby, there are many shops in the main street and there are also 2, 24 hour supermarkets within walking distance. The cinema is a couple of minutes walk away with a nightclub next door. The local leisure centre which has a swimming pool and ice rink is less than 10 minutes walk. There are many historical sites in and around the town with the most famous being the ruins of our Cathedral and there are lots of walks with beautiful beaches a few miles away where you might see the local dolphins.
- Do you have internet?
- We have free wifi throughout the guest house.
- Do you provide parking?
- The street that we are located on has a 30-minute parking restriction during the day but there are no restrictions overnight. We have limited off-street parking for guests on a first-come basis and there are pay and display car parks in the next street but our guests have never had to use the pay car park as during the day there is enough spaces in our car park and at night there are spaces in the street.
Something missing or incorrect?
Let us know