The following questions have been answered for you by Abbey Guest House Abingdon (England)...
- What are your breakfast options?
- We try and meet all requirements for breakfast and are willing to cater for all if given sufficient notice. Apart from all the usual 'English breakfast' items, we generally have things like kippers, croissants, vegetarian items, halal sausages, soya milk, and gluten free bread in stock. Breakfast times are 7:30 am to 9:00 am weekdays, and 8:00 am to 9:30 am weekends and bank holidays.
- What traveller type is most suited?
- We have one triple room that can have an extra bed put in place to make it into a complete family room. Generally we have a complete mix of guests, many business people, many couples and singles visiting the area as either tourists or to see family and friends. We are 'gay & lesbian' friendly and we can accommodate guests with with most disabilities (and happily accommodate assistance dogs).
- What transport is available to get around?
- Many people come to us that wish to visit Oxford as there are regular (every few minutes) buses to Oxford from just outside the door with a journey time of 20 minutes. As Oxford does not allow cars into the town centre and parking is expensive, we offer a very convenient 'alternative' venue.
- What can I do nearby?
- Abingdon is the town that we are in and that itself has a vast history as it claims to be the oldest inhabited town in England. There is the unique activity of 'bun throwing' from the roof of the County Hall building due to take place next year on the occasion of the Royal Wedding (and it will be 250 years since that event first took place), the river Thames and walks along it, the MG Car Club, and other places to see and events to watch. We are also close to Frilford Golf Club which hosts many national golf tournaments, the Ridgeway (used by many walkers) and the Cotswold's. One could say that we are on the edge of the gateway to many places to see and things to do.
- Do you have internet?
- We have Wi-Fi throughout the house with no charge. There is also an old PC in the lounge that is available for guests' use for those that did not bring a laptop or any other internet device with them.
- Do you provide parking?
- There is plenty of off road parking at the front of the house.
Something missing or incorrect?
Let us know